ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan!
(Click here for more details)
Meet lovely and wild Japanese monkeys in the mountainside after walking along forest trails. Enjoy seeing them bathing in hot springs, running around, eating, and digging snow holes. You can also experience hot springs, just not with the monkeys!
- Enjoy the beauty of all four seasons with the monkeys: newly-born baby monkeys in spring, greenery and fresh air in summer, colorful leaves in autumn, and monkeys in hot springs with white snow all around in winter
- Experience very nice hot-springs, depending on your schedule
- Explore nature, breathe fresh air, and walk along the forest paths
- Taste local nice noodle or rice dishes, chestnut sweets, and wine
- Visit the old temple Zenkoji which dates back to the 7th century, depending on the season
JR Tokyo, Ueno, or Omiya station. The details will be provided after your booking.
The following is not included in tour fee:
- Roundtrip Shinkansen ticket to from Tokyo st. to Nagano st: about 17,000 yen for each adult. From Omiya st. to Nagano st.: about 13,000 yen.
- Transportation fess: local train, public bus and Admission fee for the Snow Monkey Park: One day pass 3,200 yen for an adult, 1,600 yen for 6-12 years old
- You need to pay all transportation fees, lunch, coffee break, and dinner for the guide.
The roundtrip transportation fee for the guide to meeting place is - 1,500 yen depending on the place. Please pay in cash to guide on the tour day.
Picking up and sending off to your hotel is optional. Additional fees will be charged.
If you have any tattoos, you cannot experience the hot springs. Please wear comfortable sport shoes (high heels and sandals are not recommended).
If you are interested in going to the hot springs, you can rent towels for an extra fee.
Recommend bring a pair of sunglasses (not Mirror type) to watch the monkeys and not make direct eye contact with them.
- 日本語 (Fluent)
- Deutsch (Beginner)
- English (Fluent)
- Español (Fluent)
- Français (Beginner)
A previous travel blogger and travel consultant "expert to European museums” with Globe-Trotter T&E Inc, the biggest book of travel by oneself. Brought Japanese to Europe. also work at Inbound business with agencies. Brought Asian to Fukuoka, Osaka etc as travel coordinator and interpreter for the project of Foreign Agency.
Appeared on the famous Spanish and TV programs.
Have guided more than 300 travelers such as federal lawyers, athletes, TV producers, and professors from 27 countries to Tokyo, Hakone, Tohoku, Kyushu, and Osaka in English and Spanish for more than 10 years.
Have traveled 35 countries and visited more than 170 cities.
Hope you have very fun days in Japan with me!
We had such an amazing time with Miyuki and we were so happy with the trip. We were overwhelmed with her kindness, and the people we met. Seeing the monkeys was a dream come true for us and visiting the temple in Nagano was so beautiful and inspiring. You really feel so close to nature seeing the monkeys so close.
Miyuki is such a kind and intelligent guide. We learnt so much about Japanese culture, the places and nature. Highly recommend.