See the area beyond Sensoji: half-day tour north of AsakusaVoyagin認定お気に入りへ追加
North of Asakusa and Sensoji Temple, and the hordes of tourists, lies the old frontier of Edo and its fascinating (but gloom-ish) past. After a fresh look at Sensoji and its lesser known features, and we will head north.
- See the vivid but barely noticed scars of war in Sensoji
- Discover the origins of the Maneki neko cat at the funky Imado Shrine
- Learn about (and walk through) Yoshiwara, the former red-district of Edo and present day... well.. red-district
- Stroll through San'ya, and learn about its grim history
- See what remains of Kozukappara, the former execution ground of Edo