From the Market to the Kitchen: Learn Balinese Cooking
The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
In my traditional Balinese Cooking Class you will:
- Visit traditional markets to see the everyday art of selecting local fruits, vegetables and spices used for cooking.
- Learn about the complex irrigation system, called “subak” that is used in the paddy fields.
- You will be welcomed into a traditional Bali compound with a beautiful setting overlooking a deep ravine complete with organic spice plants.
- You will meet the family who’s warmth will make you feel very welcome.
- Make offerings for the Gods, Kuwangen and Canang Sari which area beautiful array of color and nature.
- Make coconut oil, which is the best for Balinese Cooking.
- Make traditional Balinese spice paste used as a Base for many dishes – very fragrant and a sensation for your taste buds.
- You will learn a lot in a short time.
- No experience necessary.
- What you need to bring:
My friend and i had à wonderfull time at the cookingclass. Very Nice and friendly people. The food was delicious. Ubud is by the way à very good city to stay. We stayed in the d'homa hotel. There ia also à bar were you drink nice cocktails. And the people there are also very nice.
I have just returned from my cooking class and had a very wonderful experience. Learnt the local spices and cooking techniques in a relaxing family environment. This is my second visit, as I was very impressed the first time and wanted my friend to experience it and it was even better. I will definitely go again.