The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
Maliwan Thai Cooking Class - Discover the soul of Thai cuisine with a fun and informative Thai Cooking Class in Bangkok. Professional chefs help you prepare several delicious dishes, after a visit to the local market to source fresh ingredients.
- Professional chefs guide you through a masterclass in Thai cuisine in a fully equipped kitchen!
- Regular tastings during instruction that will feed your appetite
- Diverse menus that combine classic dishes with innovative twists
- Aromatic visit to a local Thai market by tuk-tuk, learning about spices and flavours!
- Class held in a convenient location just off the Khao San Road
The Maliwan Thai Cooking Class is located at 9 Sipsamhang Road, very close to the famous Khaosan Road, in Bangkok. No transport is provided.
• Please arrive 10 minutes before class start time
• No experience necessary, and no need to bring anything
• The floor of the market can become wet and muddy on rainy days, so please wear closed-toe footwear that you don’t mind getting dirty
• Allow yourself plenty of time for travel as the location can be a little tricky to find, but full directions are provided
• Please advise organisers beforehand of any dietary requirements
• WiFi is available at the school
• Try not to eat too much before your class as you’ll have plenty of tastings throughout!
What you need to bring
Nothing! We will provide all equipment and groceries, as well as an apron. You only need to charge up your energy and come to discover a great experience.
- ไทย (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
This class is a group of friends and family whose passion for Cooking Thai food inspires us to share our culinary heritage with as many people as possible! Because we love what we do, we want to offer a lot more than just the standard formula of a basic Cooking class with a demonstration and eating later. From this desire, we have carefully developed our Maliwan Thai Cooking Class so that we can share our authentic family-favourite recipes, handed down over generations, among people who love Thai food. Maliwan is a place where you can earn Thai Cooking and cultural experience and experience a wealth of knowledge and fun along the way.
View full profile
Fun cooking class with full flavor of Thai food
I really enjoyed this session and I think the experience I gained is very exceptional. Mae is a great teacher and she taught me how to cook complicated dishes in a very simple way. As a non-cooker, I can cook Thai dishes in a few hours. This session is well beyond my expectation and it definitely deserves to be on top of recommended activities in Bangkok.
Very easy, very fun, interesting classes, you get a certificate at the end and recipes and I fully enjoyed the class... Very clean environment and lovely people. I would do many more classes if I had more time. No worries about experience.
Thank you for your cooking lesson. I was very happy to cook Thai cuisine. This was my first experience to do something with Thai people. Buying foods at the market was also fun and interesting. Your friends are also modest and kind. Anyway, I really had a good time. Hope to see you again and thank you very much. Take care of yourself.
One of the highlights
High standard of expertise, equipment, hygiene, and end product.
Informative, enjoyable, and tasty, in good company.
The food is eaten at the end, so do eat something beforehand. Having two seatings instead of a single meal at the end would be the only thing I would change. Preparing 4 dishes back-to-back was a little overwhelming!
It was a great lesson I feel (with the assistance of a recipe) I could make the same meals again. Although there was so much food left over, and contrary to what they advise about not eating much before hand, make sure you eat breakfast and take water with you. The markets are very how with low ceilings and no air flow and I nearly fainted. Nonetheless I had a great experience and I highly recommend.
Up to 1 Week Prior