Learn How to Become a Samurai (3 hours Lesson in Costume)
The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
Near Kyoto, in Otsu, you can learn how to become a samurai at “Samurai Kenbu”. The teachers will explain in English everything about samurai and teach you a traditional samurai sword performance. It is exciting and fun for men and women to get dressed up in kimonos with lots of great photo opportunities.
You can experience a set of performances from the etiquette of samurai classes to the basic sword KEMBU in a samurai costume in this program. Here is your chance to step into the shoes of ‘samurai’ and experience the cultural heritage of Japan. You can satisfy your intellectual curiosity with in-depth talks.
【 Full-scale experience】
1. We’ll pick up your group at the gathering spot and go to the kembu dojo.
2. You will learn the general knowledge of samurai and samurai kembu.
3. You will have a lesson about the skills of samurai kembu,
including how to use the Japanese sword and the Japanese fan.
4. Choose your samurai costume and put it on.
5. You will practice samurai kembu in samurai costume.
6 .Finally, the instructor will show you a model performance of samurai kembu.
7. Take photos and get a memorial gifts.
8. We’ll drop you off at the gathering spot or the convenient place for sightseeing in Shiga.
- All programs are given in English.
Trip price includes transportation fee.
- What you need to bring: