Embark on the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage (2-nights, 3-days)Voyagin VerifiedAdd to Wishlist
Visit 5 UNESCO World Heritage sites on hikes through the 1,000 year old pilgrimage routes of the Kumano region, one of Japan's spiritual hotbeds. Stay in century-old Japanese ryokan inns, complete with multiple-course meals and in-house hot springs.
- Hike in the footsteps of emperors and commoners alike on the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trails
- Take a traditional riverboat down the Kumanogawa river on our final day
- Stay at some of the best Japanese ryokan in the region, each with over a century of tradition serving pilgrims
- Take a soak in a 1,800 year old hot spring (and the only World Heritage bathing spot in the world)
- Enjoy healthy, fresh food and local delicacies every meal