The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 15% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
Join a photographic journey in Tokyo after dark. Get tips from professional local photographers and explore this fascinating city through your viewfinder. With Tokyo as backdrop it's the best way to hone your skills and have fun.
- A full hands-on night photography workshop. With your camera and your tripod, challenge the usual “guidebook” images and capture the iconic spots in an artistic way.
- Hit the heart of the city: Shibuya and Shinjuku. With your camera, get an in-depth look at the busiest areas of Tokyo. We show you the best spots and daring angles.
- Get acquainted with long exposures and master the techniques you need to create dynamic night photos. Your camera will keep no secrets from you.
- Expect night photography, long exposures of traffic and crowds, tripod use, urban landscapes.
- Ideal for photography enthusiasts. Get hands-on advice and feedback from our crew. Learn photography techniques you will use for the rest of your life.
JR Shinjuku Station West Exit
All participants pay. Whether photographers or not.
We run our tours in all weather conditions: rain, snow, wind, heat. However, walking and shooting under heavy rain is never fun. If we deem it necessary to cancel your tour because the weather is too bad we’ll make our utmost to reschedule it to another day. Otherwise we’ll give you a full refund.
What you need to bring
Camera (DSLR, Point & Shoot. MUST have manual overrides)
Tripod (you can rent one from us + 1,000yens)
Comfy shoes (lots of walking)
Rain gear (check the weather forecast )
- English (Fluent)
Join our Tokyo Photo Tours and explore the city’s iconic locations and hidden gems. Discover this fascinating metropolis through your viewfinder. From the hustle bustle of Shibuya, the neon lights and lantern lit back-alleys of Shinjuku, through fashionable districts in Harajuku and to the majestic temples of Asakusa embark on a photographic adventure.
Beginners and enthusiasts are welcome. The focus of our tours is photography and you’ll get tips from professional local photographers. They are dedicated to showing you how to achieve the perfect shot. You’ll understand your camera better and turn your snapshots into a memorable photo-book.
Meet like-minded photo enthusiasts from Japan and all over the world. Our walking Tokyo Photo Tours are open to everyone, run for about 3 fun hours and are provided in English. They are ideal for first-time visitors as well as long-time residents who want to discover their beloved city through the prism of photography.
You can choose from a variety of photo tours we created to suit your taste. Whether you are interested in night photography, travel photography or street photography, you’ll find it here. With Tokyo as backdrop it’s the best way for you to explore and hone your skills while having fun.
View full profile
Good tour, but the website schedule is iwrong
As per the website, the tour was supposed to be on Friday, it was actually on Monday.
The tour itself was excellent. Axel brought us to good photo spots and explained how best to take interesting shots. I can definitely recommend the tour, though the website needs to update the schedule.
Up to 2 Days Prior