The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 15% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
Explore Tokyo's sewing mecca on a relaxing walking tour through the streets of Nippori textile town. Find original textiles and beautiful patterns unique to traditional Japanese style fabric.
- Explore Nippori's speciality textile and fabric shops.
- Find accessories and buttons exclusive to Japan for a low price.
- Discover unique designs and fabrics through the overwhelming stock available in speciality shops.
- Stroll through the historical temple town of Yanaka developed since the Edo Period.
- Small group size gives you the opportunity to talk in depth with your guide
Pick up at JR Nippori Station at the Northern exit next to Libro Books store by the ticket barrier.
-Weather: This tour is not cancelled for weather except in extreme circumstances (e.g., typhoons) in which case we will contact you and refund your payment in full.
-Wi-fi: No neighborhood-wide wi-fi. Some individual stops might offer internet access.
- On available tour dates I'm usually quite flexible with the meeting time. Please send me a message what time you would like to start the tour between 9am - 4pm. Tours usually take up to 2 hours max.
What you need to bring
- Good pair of comfortable shoes as we will be doing a lot of walking.
- Cash, most stores only deal in cash. There is a 7-11 ATM nearby which accepts most international cards if you need to withdraw cash.
- Español (Beginner)
- 日本語 (Beginner)
- 普通话 (Beginner)
- English (Fluent)
Want to find fabric and sewing accessories exclusive to Japan? You have come to the right place.
Hi I'm Natalie, and I've been working in the fashion industry for about 5 years and have been an expat for longer! I love all things fashion and sewing and I can't wait to unload my knowledge onto you.
I would love to take travelers around Nippori, and explore Tokyo's most frequented place for buying fabric and harbedashery items.
You can also teach me about sewing tips and tricks from your country too!
View full profile
Up to 2 Days Prior