The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
While the chaotic subculture street attracts a number of youths, luxury brand boutiques along the zelkova tree-lined avenue create a stylish atmosphere. Once stepping into the back streets, a wide variety of Japanese lifestyles can be observed.
- You will understand very soon that Harajuku/ Omotesando area isn't only for young girls.
- You will get to see the famous architecture that you have always wanted to see along with the new inspiring works that you didn't know about and know who to look for in future.
- You will get to know the history of Harajuku and Omotesando that is deeply connected from 64’ Tokyo Olympics and the coming 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- You will find out about the big difference with other famous boutique shopping areas such as Ginza.
On Jingubashi, a bridge right next to JR Harajuku Station, Omotesando exit. (Walk straight after getting out of the exit, walk pass the convenience store which will be on your right, and turn right at the smoking area)
- Please keep in your mind that this is a walking tour, so you will be walking a lot!
- There is no age limit, however only children who can enjoy walking together until the end of the tour may join. There is no child price.
- Since this is a small group tour, last-minute reservations will not be accepted.
What you need to bring
- English (Fluent)
- 日本語 (Fluent)
Show.Case – Sense Harajuku Omotesando by Walking Come And See – is a group of tour guides who are all architecture lovers with the National Guide license. We are well-versed in the characteristics of distinctive-looking commercial buildings by architects dotted around Tokyo, and can give you a better understanding of the city and its architecture along with the historical background.
We provide you with an architecture tour which is easy to understand and enjoyable even for a non-professional, giving you a glimpse into Japanese life from a local point of view along with the historical and cultural explanations.
On top of the knowledge, our focus is to develop a friendly, person-to-person relationship with our guests. We look forward to talking with you not only about the architecture but anything that will enhance your experience in Japan.
View full profile
Discover Harajuku's hidden gems!
I have lived in Tokyo for 2 years and visit Harajuku often, and I was still blown away by how much amazing architecture there is in the area I had never noticed/didn't appreciate. Our your guides were very knowledgable and pleasant and thanks to them my experience of living in Tokyo has been greatly enriched. A must for architecture buffs!!
Up to 1 Week Prior