Indigo Dyeing with Natural Materials in Hinohara, TokyoVoyagin VerifiedAdd to Wishlist
Join a Japanese indigo dyeing workshop using natural materials, at a 100-year-old house deep in the nature of West Tama, just outside urban Tokyo. In summer months you can even make the dye yourself from the leaves of the Japanese indigo plant!
- Experience the art of Japanese indigo dyeing at a traditional house nestled in the Tama area's mountains
- Learn to dye with natural ingredients in this authentic experience
- Create your own patterns and dye a coaster, post card, t-shirt, hand towel or a silk scarf as your souvenir
- Only in summer, boil freshly harvested leaves of the indigo plant to make the natural dye yourself!
- While your creation is drying, take a short break at the nearby Buddhist temple cafe and enjoy its splendid Japanese garden (it's additional option)