The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
ALATA is the all-new non-verbal stage show telling its story with stunning dance routines, wire-work, projection mapping, and explosive sword-fighting action.
Exclusive to Voyagin, 10 free seats per day are on offer to foreign guests this August!
- Watch gripping samurai sword-fighting action, up-close and personal with skilled swordsmen in authentic period armour
- Modern, contemporary, jazz and hip-hop dance brings the story to life and keeps you riveted throughout
- The non-verbal performance takes you on an amazing journey regardless of your language, you will be carried along with the thrill and laughs of this modern samurai tale
- The beautiful, all-new 'Alternative Theater' in the heart of Yurakucho – The Broadway of Tokyo – and just 3 minutes walk from the station
- The 'Crazy Tokyo' crew are your hosts before the show, keeping you entertained from the moment you walk in the door until curtain up!
Alternative Theatre is on the 7th Floor of Yurakucho Lumine 2, part of the Yurakucho Centre Building (Yurakucho Mullion) Annex.
Go to the dedicated theater elevators for Alternative Theatre & Marunouchi Piccadilly 3, at the outside of the mall here: http://voyag.in/alata-entry-map
Area map: voyag.in/access-alternative-theatre
Address: Yurakucho Centre Building (Yurakucho Mullion) 7F, 2-5-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
3-minute walk from the central exit / Ginza exit of Yurakucho station on the JR Yamanote line
3-minute walk from the D8 exit of Yurakucho station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line
1-minute walk from the C4 exit of Ginza station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza / Hibiya / Marunouchi lines
Direct connection to the A0 exit of Hibiya station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya / Chiyoda / Toei Subway Mita lines
· Be sure to bring your Booking Confirmed email from Voyagin to exchange at the 7th floor ticket counter of the Alternative Theatre.
· Please check in 15 minutes prior to the start time and enter the theater before the show starts. If you're late, you will not be allowed to enter the theater.
· Please note that seating allocation cannot be requested in advance.
· No eating or photography is permitted during the show
What you need to bring
Confirmation email with title "Booking Confirmed - E-tickets for Samurai Theater Performance ALATA".
Please show the 6-digit order ID number at the 7th floor ticket counter to receive your show ticket(s).
- +1 646 713 0206
- Send Message
Fantastic! Would love to see another production by these guys when I'm back in Tokyo next year.
Not only was the show great, but entertainers were there beforehand on the lobby and also theatre doing juggling and balancing acts on ninja custome, that was an unexpected nice touch keeping us entertained throughout.
Storytelling with dance and cool projections!
Very enjoyable with no langage barriers, they told the story well with dance, mime and the projection mapping (very cooll!). Felt like a modern Japanese version of a ballet.
Accessible Japanese entertainment
Great way to make Japanese entertainment more accessible to people of all nationalities, this is the right way to pull off a 'non-verbal performance' as they called it - very easy to follow the story. Enjoyed every minute of it!
5/5 the best night of my week in Tokyo! Dance, action, comedy, music was all great, and the new theater is very attractive as well. Also handy it being in Yurakucho with so many options for us to party after the show :)
Most enjoyable, thanks for the recommendation Voyagin!
Very pleasantly suprised
I was a bit hesitant at first to splurge this much on a new and relatively unknown show, when others I read about have all kinds of discounts available online, but it was well worth it! Particualtly enjoyed when the performers left the stage and brought the show to us!
Show was outstanding! Booking through Voyagin also super easy, I will be using them more during this trip for sure
This is not your father's kabuki
If you think Japanese shows begin and end with kabuki, think again! The skilled dancers and ferocious swordsmen really made me sit up and take notice! I had my doubts about this show, expecting some thing a lot cheesier to be honest, but in retrospect I'm very pleased with the choice :)
Great show, easy booking
Wow, loved the show, and booking tickets through Voyagin is so easy. I'll certainly be looking out for the next cool thing popping up on this site.
- Yui Takahashi (all rights reserved) #2
- Yui Takahashi (all rights reserved) #3
- Yui Takahashi (all rights reserved) #4
- Yui Takahashi (all rights reserved) #5
- Yui Takahashi (all rights reserved) #6