The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan!
(Click here for more details)
Nikko was a renowned Buddhist-Shinto religious center. Two shrines and one temple are registered as World Heritage sites, dating back to the 8th century. Let’s get out of Tokyo and feel the Edo shoguns’ great power by visiting the grand temples!
- Visit to the most famous Toshogu shrine, and Futarasan Shrine which is thought to bring good luck for establishing good connection with deities, partners, friends.
- You can explore the nature, breath fresh air, walking the forested paths. Enjoyable place in all 4 seasons
- You can taste local yuba or tofu milk (bean curd sheet) dish for lunch.
- Let’s take a tea/coffee break made of sacred water at a tea house in the precinct of temple. The water is said to be good for eyes and skin.
- You can buy a talisman with the Tokugawa crest as a souvenir.
Asakusa or Shinjuku Station (more details will be revealed after you book)
Please wear walking shoes. Especially if you want to go to the grave site of Ieyasu, you have to climb long stone stairs.
There are not many places to eat or rest in the temple or shrine areas.
Experiencing lunch box is also very fun, a very Japanese thing.
Strongly recommend to buy and reserve train tickets in advance.
What you need to bring
- 日本語 (Fluent)
- Deutsch (Beginner)
- English (Fluent)
- Español (Fluent)
- Français (Beginner)
A previous travel blogger and travel consultant "expert to European museums” with Globe-Trotter T&E Inc, the biggest book of travel by oneself. Brought Japanese to Europe. also work at Inbound business with agencies. Brought Asian to Fukuoka, Osaka etc as travel coordinator and interpreter for the project of Foreign Agency.
Appeared on the famous Spanish and TV programs.
Have guided more than 300 travelers such as federal lawyers, athletes, TV producers, and professors from 27 countries to Tokyo, Hakone, Tohoku, Kyushu, and Osaka in English and Spanish for more than 10 years.
Have traveled 35 countries and visited more than 170 cities.
Hope you have very fun days in Japan with me!
View full profile
Miyuki-san was an informative and delightful guide. She customized the tour to our interests, and made sure everything went smoothly.
This a wonderful tour!
Miyuki was beyond exceptional!
Up to 1 Month Prior