The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan!
(Click here for more details)
Explore Shimada city's unique places, such as the longest wooden bridge, Ooi Shrine, which is famous for its unique festival Obi matsuri. Strolling the old streets will take you back to the old age of the Edo period.
- Cross the longest wooden bridge, Houraibashi, on foot
- Visit Ooi Shrine famous for its unique Obi festibal
- See Shimada City Museum, and learn about the life of the local people
- Visit the ruins of the Ooigawa River Crossing
- Optional: shopping Japanese goods
Shimada Station south exit, Shizuoka prefecture
What you need to bring
Camera, walking shoes
- 日本語 (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
I live in Shizuoka prefecture where Mt Fuji is located. I've been raised in Shimada city where Ooi River flows. I have been a volunteer guide for many foreign visitors around my city.
I have an interest in traditional Japanese culture and like natural places as well as cultural heritage sites. Please enjoy the beautiful Japanese landscape with my tour!
View full profile
Up to 2 Days Prior