The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
Naoshima is a unique island, located in Japan's Seto Inland Sea. The entire place is an open-air pop-art museum with various installations, art projects and outdoor exhibitions. This place is a must visit during your trip to Japan!
- Visit the art island Naoshima!
- Conveniently located for a day trip from Osaka
- See famous sites such as Yayoi Kusama's giant pumpkin
Osaka Umeda Plaza motor pool
Meeting at 6:20am
Departure at 6:30am
- If people who will join this tour are less than 10 people, this tour will be canceled. in that case, we will proceed full refund for you.
- We will also proceed full refund when it's cancelled due to bad weather.
- Announcements are only in JAPANESE.
- No smoking inside the bus.
- The bus will drop by the service area to take a break once on the way to the ferry airport and once on the way back to the station.
- You cannot change the place that you will departure and get off on the day you will leave to Naoshima.
- The bus will leave on time so please reach the meeting place at least 5min prior to departure!
- You need to show the final itinerary to the staff before you get on the bus. There is NO tour guide.
What you need to bring
- 日本語 (Fluent)
- 普通话 (Fluent)
- Français (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
We are Voyagin Concierge Service.
There are so many great restaurants, theme parks and other attractions in Japan waiting to be discovered, but they can be so hard or even impossible to experience if you don't speak Japanese!
Not to worry! We are here to help you out with your tickets, passes and reservations so you can easily make your plans before you arrive and have the best possible time when you're here.
Forget the stress, fix your plans and don't miss out!
View full profile
I highly recommend a visit to this island if not for anything, to get away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. Naoshima is a beautiful island with nature all around. I recommend a stay at the chalets or the Benesse Hotel if you want to take in more of the sights of the island.
The tour was well managed and the driver was prompt and efficient. My only gripe was that the meeting time was given at 650am but just the day before the trip, I was sent an email that said my journey starts at 6am! This led to a frantic 40min long wait at the bus terminal where the place was completely empty except for a few kind strangers who assured me I was at the right location at Shin Osaka station.
Other than that, the ferry ride was pleasant (though our bus arrived 1 hr early at the ferry station) and the fellow passengers were friendly, it a great chance to make new friends indeed.
Tip: If you wish to visit other islands, I recommend staying overnight at Naoshima and then visiting Teshima Island, where you will see the beautiful artwork by Rei Naito at the Teshima Museum. It was an almost religious experience and one can easily hop on a ferry from Naoshima for a short 20min ride. I will sure to be island hopping for my next Naoshima experience.
I heard from other passengers that they chose to take this tour as it was cheaper than taking the Shikansen and more convenient if you are travelling from Osaka. The best ride was about 3 hrs long but it was a great experience to view the Japan rural scenery plus we stopped at a really lovely well stocked rest stop along the way for 15 mins.
I highly recommend this tour!
The visit to Naoshima should not be missed! It is great. I was expecting though the tour would have a guide as it was not very clear to me when I booked. Anyways, this was not a problem to get around the Island. Have lunch at Benesse and don't miss the James Turrel at Chichu Museum and Minamdera.
- fotolia #1
Up to 1 Month Prior