The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
Rent a car for seamless travel in Okinawa.
Unlimited mileage & insurance included. Airport pickup available!
(Click here for more details)
In this activity in Okinawa you will have the unique chance to swim among whale sharks, the world's biggest species of fish! You can enjoy snorkeling or diving with the good-natured 4-meter long whale sharks and have a truly memorable experience!
- Try snorkeling with whale sharks and see them from above
- Try diving with whale sharks and examine the large fish from a close distance
Toya Gyokou B1 (Top Marine Shop)
- You will be snorkeling outside the net while the whales will be swimming in the net that is near their nest.
- Guests above the age of 59 years will not be able to participate due to safety reasons
- Please tell us your contact phone number, age, height, weight, foot size, eyesight, and hotel name. (If you join the diving tour, please tell us how many times you have dived before.)
- Elementary school students must to join the tour with a guardian. Guests under 20 years old need a signature of consent from their guardian.
- The tour will be canceled in case of bad weather. If the tour is canceled on the tour day, we will inform you by 8:00 a.m.
- After the dive, please refrain from flying with an airplane.
- Dressing room, Free shower and Coin locker (100 JPY) are available at the site.
- Please refrain from participating if you have problems with your circulatory system, respiratory system disease, high blood pressure, otitis media, pregnancy, epilepsy, diabetes, liver failure, hangover, or if you have consumed large amounts of alcohol. In addition, you may not be able to join us depending on your health condition on the day of the tour.
What you need to bring
Please bring a swimming suit and bath towels.
Great experience . There's enough instructors there to ensure safety
The experience was awesome!
Everything was nice, the people in charge, snorkeling in the cave, whatching the whales, riding the boat....was such a great esxperience!
Great experience with Whale Shark Snorkelling at Okinawa
Very wonderful experience ... Great personal service ! Definitely recommended for those who interested in this tour ...
Once in a lifetime experience
We went diving - a truly unique experience as we'd never gone diving before. A little scary (the diving part) because water kept going into my goggles and I couldn't get it out properly (even though they teach you how to do it before you go on the boat - I'm just bad). The instructors are super helpful, they're obviously looking out for you the whole time and they even took photos for us while we were watching the whale sharks. The whale sharks themselves are really gentle and seeing them up close is really different than in an aquarium! Highly recommend.
Great Experience that you cannot be missed in Okinawa
professional & friendly instructors, great experience ever.
My wife and I snorkeled avoid the net which was about 15 feet from the surface. The weather was perfect and not a cloud in the sky so we could see everything pretty clearly. There were two whale sharks within the net. One of the scuba divers had a big bag of food that he fed the whale sharks with. It was pretty amazing seeing these gentle giants. They move/rotate the rescued whale sharks from the net to the aquarium. If you get a chance, scuba or snorkel with the whale sharks.
Great Experience with very professional staff
Seeing whale sharks live from above was a truly enriching and magnificent experience which I thoroughly enjoyed. Staff was very professional going over all safety instructions ahead of time, and helping out in anyway possible to create an enjoyable experience. Very professional divers and guides who even helped by taking some great closeup videos/images of the whale sharks.
Very big and nice boat which took us out for the snorkeling. Enjoyable experience overall and could see the whale sharks being fed.
Up to 1 Month Prior