The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 15% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
In this activity in Okinawa you will have the unique chance to swim among whale sharks, the world's biggest species of fish! You can enjoy snorkeling or diving with the good-natured 4-meter long whale sharks and have a truly memorable experience!
- Try snorkeling with whale sharks and see them from above
- Try diving with whale sharks and examine the large fish from a close distance
- Enjoy the combination of whale sharks and blue cave snorkeling! Departure is from Ginowan Marina, convenient for everyone who stays in Naha!
New Plan: Ginowan Marina (King Limited Ship)
A or B Plan: Toya Gyokou B1 (Top Marine Shop)
Please note the hotel pickup listed provided in the description.
- You will be snorkeling outside the net while the whales will be swimming in the net that is near their nest.
- Guests above the age of 59 years will not be able to participate due to safety reasons
- Please tell us your contact phone number, age, height, weight, foot size, eyesight, and hotel name. (If you join the diving tour, please tell us how many times you have dived before.)
- Elementary school students must to join the tour with a guardian. Guests under 20 years old need a signature of consent from their guardian.
- The tour will be canceled in case of bad weather. If the tour is canceled on the tour day, we will inform you by 8:00 a.m.
- After the dive, please refrain from flying with an airplane.
- The equipment doesn't include water glasses with degree lens, therefore if you need such lens please let us know.
- It is prohibited to shoot videos when you are swimming with the whale sharks.
- Available for A & B Plans: Dressing room, Free shower, Coin locker (100 JPY).
- Please refrain from participating if you have problems with your circulatory system, respiratory system disease, high blood pressure, otitis media, pregnancy, epilepsy, diabetes, liver failure, hangover, or if you have consumed large amounts of alcohol. In addition, you may not be able to join us depending on your health condition on the day of the tour.
What you need to bring
Please bring a swimming suit and bath towels.
The experience was awesome!
Everything was nice, the people in charge, snorkeling in the cave, whatching the whales, riding the boat....was such a great esxperience!
Great experience with Whale Shark Snorkelling at Okinawa
Very wonderful experience ... Great personal service ! Definitely recommended for those who interested in this tour ...
Very big and nice boat which took us out for the snorkeling. Enjoyable experience overall and could see the whale sharks being fed.
Diving with Whale Sharks
Definitely recommend! The staff was very friendly. This was my first time diving, and the staff did a great job explaining everything and making me feel comfortable. Also, a staff member was next to me the whole time under water and kept making sure I was okay. She also took pictures of me with my underwater camera. The whale sharks were close enough to touch. Great experience!
Staff were friendly, one even diving down lower to take photos on my camera of the whale sharks! They also had floaty boards to help tow people who were unsure swimmers.
Seeing the whale sharks was just incredible!
Up to 1 Month Prior