The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan!
(Click here for more details)
Imagine nine thousand men, wearing only loincloths, struggling fiercely over a pair of lucky sacred sticks. You will easily believe that this is one of the three most eccentric festivals in all of Japan.
Come to Okayama and be part of this ritual!
- Be part of one of the most eccentric festivals in all of Japan
- Watch 9,000 nearly naked men compete for a pair of lucky sacred sticks
- Feel the tension building in the crowd at this age-old ritual
- Learn why Japanese believe that the winner will be lucky for one full year
- See how primary school boys compete for rice cakes and treasures before the main event
Kyoto or Shin-Osaka Station.
- You are free to select the starting time for the Shinkansen ride.
- Transportation from the venue to the hotel is not included in the price.
In festival times, the hotels we have selected for this experience could be full. As long as we still have seats, you can book this experience. This is on the condition that you agree to pay the additional costs of an alternative hotel.
Would this happen, we will advice you of such additional costs. If you do not want to pay extra, we will refund the price of your experience.
What you need to bring
Be sure to wear relaxed clothing and suitable footwear to move along with the crowds.
- 普通话 (Fluent)
- Français (Fluent)
- 日本語 (Fluent)
- English (Fluent)
We are Voyagin Japan, a curated marketplace for unique activities in Japan.
Our company has partnerships with various companies, organizations, and hosts that offer local, authentic, and traditional activities. We screen each and every activity to ensure that they are in line with our standards so that you can always expect professional and memorable experiences.
From viewing the scenic spots in Hokkaido to experiencing the intensity of the sumo sport to practicing traditional ikebana flower arrangement, we are always striving to provide valuable experiences for you during your time in Japan. If you have special requests, we will always put forth our best effort to meet them.
We look forward to ensuring your stay in Japan is unforgettable!
View full profile
Up to 1 Week Prior