If you have not been to any historical sites in Kyoto yet, this tour is for you! This tour will cover visiting the historical sites in Kyoto in one day!
Kyoto was Japan’s capital for over 1,000 years, and the historical scents of Japan still remain. Kyoto has a stunning collection of UNESCO World Heritage sites and also a geisha district. The temples and traditions are outstanding, but the food is also exquisite!
This tour will take you to famous tourists spots in Kyoto in one day. A professional guide will show you around safely, while presenting you with important and interesting information about the historical sites and about the city in general.
9:00 Meet up at your hotel
9:15 Fushimi Inari Shrine (60mins)
- Fushimi Inari Shrine is an important Shinto shrine in southern Kyoto.
- It is famous for its thousands of vermilion torii gates, which straddle a network of trails behind its main buildings.
- The trails lead into the wooded forest of the sacred Mount Inari, which stands at 233 meters and belongs to the shrine grounds.
- Foxes are thought to be Inari's messengers, resulting in many fox statues across the shrine grounds.
11:00 Kiyomizu temple (60mins)
- Kiyomizudera is one of the most celebrated temples of Japan.
- It was found in 780 on the site of the Otowa Waterfall in the wooded hills, east of Kyoto, and derives its name from the fall's pure water.
- In 1994, the temple was added to the list of UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Kiyomizudera is best known for its wooden stage that juts out from its main hall, 13 meters above the hillside below.
- The stage affords visitors a nice view of the numerous cherry and maple trees below that erupt in a sea of color during the spring and fall, as well as of the city of Kyoto in the distance.
- The main hall, which together with the stage was built without the use of nails, houses the temple's primary object of worship, a small statue of the eleven faced, thousand armed Kannon.
Kiyomizu temple → Ninen-zaka-Sannen-zaka area → Kodaiji temple → Yasaka Shrine (90mins)
- Just downhill from and slightly to the north of Kiyomizu-dera, you will find one of Kyoto’s loveliest restored neighborhood, the Ninen-zaka-Sannen-zaka area.
- The name refers to the two main streets of the area: Ninen-zaka and Sannen-zaka, literally ‘Two-Year Hill’ and ‘Three-Year Hill’ (the years referring to the ancient imperial years when they were first laid out).
- These two charming streets are lined with old wooden houses, traditional shops and restaurants.
- If you fancy a break, there are many tea houses and cafes along this lane.
- Kodaiji is an outstanding temple in Kyoto's Higashiyama District.
- It was established in 1606 in memory of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, one of Japan's greatest historical figure, by Hideyoshi's wife Nene who is also enshrined at the temple.
- Yasaka Shrine is one of the most famous shrines in Kyoto. Found over 1350 years ago, the shrine is located between the popular Gion District and Higashiyama District, and is often visited by tourists walking between the two districts.
- You will have lunch somewhere around this area.
- If you have any preferences or need a recommendation, feel free to ask the guide!
13:30 Gion (60mins)
- Gion is Kyoto's most famous geisha district, located around Shijo Avenue between Yasaka Shrine in the east and the Kamo River in the west.
- It is filled with shops, restaurants and ochaya (teahouses), where geiko(Kyoto dialect for geisha) and maiko (geiko's apprentices) entertain their customers with traditional dances, songs, and games.
15:15 Kinkakuji (60misn)
- Visit the Golden Pavilion, a Zen temple, whose top floors are completely covered in gold leaf
- It was the retirement villa of the shogun, Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, and according to his will it became a Zen temple of the Rinzai sect after his death in 1408.
- It is a detailed architecture incorporating three distinct styles of shinden, samurai, and zen.
17:00 Arrive at Kyoto Station
Why we love it:
- Don't have enough time to travel around? No worries! Visit famous sightseeing sites in one day!
- Take a tour with a knowledgeable English-speaking local guide with years of experience.
- Strap on your adventurous spirit and immerse yourself in Kyoto
- You will never forget the beauty of Kyoto!
- You will enjoy wandering around Kyoto with the professional guide, since the professional guide will show you around the area with important and interesting information, and also about the Japanese culture!
- Don't miss this opportunity to travel around Kyoto in one day!
- Since this tour is a one day trip, you can do other activities on the next day!
Join this tour and make your trip unforgettable!