The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan!
(Click here for more details)
I am a priest enrolled in the Pure Land sect (Jodoshu), one of the Japanese Buddhist sects. As priests, we always do ascetic practices.
I invite you to experience a part of our practices. Afterwards, you will feel at least a little enlightened.
- You can see the inside of a temple of Pure Land sect named Kannonji, which was established 400 years ago in Nagaokakyo, Kyoto Prefecture.
- You can see closely Kannon-Bosatsu (a Buddhist statue), which is registered as an important cultural property.
- You can experience many kinds of practices of the Pure Land sect.
- English-speaking staff is available.
- You can feel the essence of the Japanese Buddhism by doing the practice.
JR Nagaokakyo Station (15 minutes away from JR Kyoto Station by train)
What you need to bring
- English (Fluent)
- 日本語 (Fluent)
I am a deputy chief priest of the temple.
I went to a strict training for two years.
I learned both the peace of strength and the spirit of the mental strength by strict training.
I want you to feel the same spirit during the practice!
You will rejoice during the experience!
By getting in touch with the experience of Buddhism, you will learn more about the Japanese culture and lifestyle. I will be glad if you learn more about Japanese people.
View full profile
Up to 1 Month Prior