Explore the historical sites of Hiraizumi's glorious pastVoyagin VerifiedAdd to Wishlist
Hiraizumi used to be a city of glory and eminence, rivaling the importance of Kyoto. It fell victim to the wars for supremacy over the region, but some of the cultural and historical sites remained and Hiraizumi was eventually registered by UNESCO.
- Visit Hiraizumi, the city which rivaled Kyoto
- See the golden pavilion of Chusonji Temple
- Take a walk around authentic Buddhist Pure Land gardens
- Explore the natural beauty of the nearby gorge
- Learn more about the dramatic history of Hiraizumi