The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 30% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
The pristine nature of the Lake Mashu area makes it possible to see the stars twinkling brightly in the night summer sky. See the constellations from the 1st Observatory of Lake Mashu. Enjoy the panoramic view and learn how to photograph stars.
- See a blanket of starts twinkling in the clear summer night sky
- From the 1st Obervatory above Lake Mashu
- Lake Mashu is Japan's clearest lake
- Your guide will teach you about the constellations
- Learn how to take photos of stars in the night sky
Address of meeting location
Teshikaga Genya,Teshikaga-cho, Kawakami-gun, Hokkaido
Area: Please refer to map
Pick Up Service
Free pick up service from accommodations in Kawayu Onsen
Summer(11th May～30th Sep) : Departure 20:30/ Arrival 22:00
Winter(1st Oct～10th May) : Departure 19:30/ Arrival 21:00
*Please be at the lobby ten minutes before the tour starts.
*Pick Up service is from Kawayu kanko Hotel, Kawayu Daiichi Hotel Suikazura, Hotel Kitahukuro, KKR Kawayu, Oyado Kinkiyu, Yunokaku Ikedaya, Kawayu Park, Hotel Parkway.
If you stay different accommodations from hotels above, please come to our office.
Summer season: 11th May - 30th Sep.
Winter Season: 1st Oct - 10th May
*Please do not participate our tour if you have heart diseases, pregnant and drunk.
Pay by cash
About 65% of Teshikaga town is registered as Akan National Park and true nature is still much left. Please enjoy nature here!
【scenery】Lake Mashu, Lake Kussharo, Mt. Iwo, Kushiro River, Kawayu Onsen
【Food】Mashu Soba, Potato Dango, onsen egg, Softcream
* We still go up to Lake Mashu Observatory even if we may not be able to watch star.
* We may cancel the plan due to raining, snowing and any other unsuitable condition.
* We will see the weather condition and contact you at 18:30 through receptionists of your hotel on the day if the tour can be run or not.
What you need to bring
Summer: Please prepare warm enough clothes as much as possible. You may feel cold especially in Spring and Autumn.
Winter: Please prepare warm clothes as much as possible such as warm clothes like ski wear, Knit Hut, Gloves, Boots and Neck warmer.
*Please do not join the tour wearing Yukata, Geta, Slippers and any other unsuitable clothes.
Up to 2 Days Prior