The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
ONLY for Voyagin guests! 15% OFF Mobile Wifi Service when you travel in Japan! (Click here for more details)
Learn all about the natural habitat and the symbiotic relationship between nature and humans in this 2hr guided tour where you will see the Japanese red-crowned crane in its natural habitat! The 2hr tour takes place at the Toro Nature Center.
- Learn about the life-cycle and living pattern of the Japanese red-crowned crane
- Depending on the season, you may see it rearing its chick
- Your guide will tell you about the local ecosystem
- Get photos of the crane in its natural habitat
- Enriching yet compact in a 2hr session
Toro Nature Center
Address of meeting location 86‐17 Toro-Genya,Shibecha-cho, Kawakami-gun, Hokkaido
*Toro Nature Center is located in the south side of Toro-ko lake. By car about 45 mins from JR Kushiro Station; about 1 hour from Kushiro Airport.
free pick up available from Toro JR Train station
You'll receive an original postcard as a gift!
Total time approx. 2 hours
Please pay by cash (yen only) on site.
- The course will take place in a national park. Please follow the guide's instruction at all times for safety reasons and respect towards our natural surroundings.
- Usually this activity is not cancelled or changed due to drastic weather changes. However, if there is an alarm notice by the National Meteorological Agency (typhoon, flooding etc.) this activity may be cancelled.
We believe that making a reservation is like making a promise between our guests and us. Therefore in the case of unavoidable circumstances there is no cancellation fee.
However if you do not cancel at least 24 hours beforehand there will be a 100% cancellation fee, so please inform us as early as possible about any changes or cancellations.
What you need to bring
Please bring warm clothes in the winter time (skiwear etc.), cap, gloves, warm winter boots, pocket warmers, sunglasses (it is almost always sunny in Kushiro and the reflection is quite strong!) etc.
Up to 2 Days Prior