Visit Shirakawago and have a wonderful winter journey! Enjoy the great view of Shirakawago's winter illumination and have a wonderful dining experience with Hida beef and Japan's most delicious rice! Also stay at Takayama's highest grade hotel!
- Visit Shirakawago and enjoy watching its beautiful winter illumination!
- Wonderful dining experience with Hida beef and Japan's most delicious rice
- Stay at our highest grade hotel in Takayama, equipped with an open air bath!
- Visit Gifu and Nagano's best tourism spots only with this tour!
Visit Shirakawago and have a wonderful winter journey by staying at Hotel Associa Takayama Resort, our highest grade hotel! Enjoy the great winter panorama of Shirakawago and Hida Takayama, and enjoy the winter illumination of Hida Folk Village! Enjoy an all-you-can-eat Hida beef sukikiyaki and try the most delicious rice in Japan, “Gin No Mikazuki”!
The journey starts at Mino, which is famous for its local gourmet. You can buy your lunch at Mino by yourself, or you can have lunch at the designated restaurant by purchasing the lunch option menu when making a reservation for this program. You can either choose the steamed maitake mushroom dishes or grilled Miso pork on Hoba leaf for your lunch. If you are interested in having one of these dishes for your lunch, don’t forget to purchase it when booking!
After visiting Mino for lunch, this journey will take you to Shirakawago, a village located at the foot of Mt. Hakusan, which is registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can find 114 thatched roof houses stand altogether, which roofs are covered by the snow in the winter. Stroll around Shirakawago and explore the local culture for 80 minutes! After visiting Shirakawago, you will visit the Hida Folk Village Winter Illumination, where you can see the beautiful illuminated snow-covered thatched roof houses for 45 minutes!
Enjoy an all-you-can-eat Hida beef sukiyaki dinner for an hour, and enjoy the juicy Hida beef that melts right away as it gets into your mouth! After the dinner, you will go to Hotel Associa Takayama, our highest grade hotel to spend the remaining night! Also enjoy rejuvenating yourself in its huge open air bath!
On the next day, this journey starts at Butai Toge, where you can try the most delicious rice in Japan “Gin No Mikazuki”, prepared with the traditional rice cooker by the Chef. “Gin No Mikazuki” has won “Japan’s Most Delicious Rice Contest” for three times, which is considered as a very prestigious achievement in Japan.
Before returning to Kansai, you will stop by the Kashimo Meijiza, one of the most important traditional theaters in Japan, and visit the Tsumago-juku, a designated national preservation area district of important traditional structure.
The itinerary for this tour is as follows:
- Meet at Kyoto (8:50), Tennoji (8:50), or Umeda (9:00)
- Visit Mino to have lunch by yourself for 50 minutes
- Visit Shirakawago and stroll around for 80 minutes
- Visit Hida Folk Village and watch the illumination for 45 minutes
- Visit Takayama to have dinner for 60 minutes
- Visit Hida Takayama Onsen and spend the night at Hotel Associa Takayama Resort
- Depart from Hida Takayama Onsen
- Visit Butai Toge and have lunch for 50 minutes
- Visit Kashimo Meijiza for 30 minutes
- Visit Tsumago-juku and stroll around for 40 minutes
- Return to Namba or Kyoto (estimated arrival time 19:00-21:00)
Enjoy a winter journey to Gifu and Nagano by making a reservation for this wonderful program!
Minimum 2 participants per booking are necessary. Solo travelers cannot book this tour.
This tour is provided by YOKOSO Japan Tour
Check the Tour Conditions link below.
Tennoji, Kyoto, or Osaka