Spend the winter holiday by visiting Gifu and Nagano area, to enjoy the great panorama of Shirakawago! Fill your belly with Takayama's best delicacies, Hida beef and relax yourself in an open air bath while enjoying the breathtaking view of the Alps!
- Winter Journey to Gifu and Nagano area for Shirakawago's winter panorama!
- Fill your tummy with Takayama's best winter delicacies and try the Hida beef!
- Watch the glowing illumination of thatched roofs houses!
- Enjoy an open air bath at Hotel Associa Takayama Resort!
This wonderful winter journey will take you to Gifu and Nagano to enjoy the beautiful view of Shirakawago's winter panorama, delicious local cuisine of Hida Takayama, and to explore the local culture of Shirakawago and Takayama area!
The journey starts in Hirayu, a hot springs area in Takayama, where you will stop by for shopping. After visiting Hirayu, you will stop by Shirakawago, a village located at the foot of Mt. Hakusan. The village is famous for its 114 thatched roof houses standing altogether, which makes this site is registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will have the chance to stroll around and explore the local culture of Shirakawago for an hour. Have lunch by yourself and try the delicious local food of Shirakawago as well! An optional lunch “Toge No Kamameshi” is available for 1,000 JPY upon request, please let us know when making a reservation for this tour. “Toge No Kamameshi” is a mixed steamed rice consisting bamboo shoot, chestnuts, burdock, quail egg, chicken meat, shiitake mushroom, green peas, apricot, and red pickled ginger, but sometimes the ingredients slightly change depending on the seasons.
After that, you will visit Hida Folk Village to see beautiful view of the glowing snow-covered thatched roofs houses for 30 minutes before heading to Takayama for dinner. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat dining experience of Takayama’s most famous delicacies, “Hida Beef” for your dinner before heading to the hotel. Just in case if you cannot eat beef, please let us know when booking so we can prepare an alternative dinner for you. Also enjoy staying at Hotel Associa Takayama Resorts, a 5-star hotel that has 10 different kinds of hot springs and a large open air bath facing the Alps!
On the second day, you will visit the Little Kyoto for sightseeing and to visit the morning market. Later on you will have a ride on the snow-viewing local train to see the great winter panorama of Takayama, and then you will visit Butai Pass to have lunch there. The journey will take you to Kashimo Meijiza, where you will have a theater tour for half an hour, and then you will go to Megome Juku to stroll around the beautiful old town before returning to Shinjuku.
The itinerary for this tour is as follows:
- Meet at Shinjuku (8:10)
- Visit Hirayu and shop around for 25 minutes
- Visit Shirakawago and stroll around for 60 minutes
- Visit Hida Folk Village to see the illumination for 30 minutes
- Visit Takayama and have an all-you-can-eat Hida beef for dinner
- Visit Hida Takayama Onsen and spend the night at Hotel Associa Takayama Resorts.
- Visit Hidatakayama and stroll around the Little Kyoto for 50 minutes
- Visit Takayama Station and take the snow-viewing local train for 16 minutes
- Arrive at Kuguno Station and take a bus ride to Butai Pass and have lunch there for 50 minutes
- Visit Kashimo Meijiza and have a theater tour for 30 minutes
- Visit Magome-juku and stroll around for 50 minutes
- Visit Iida for shopping
- Arrive in Shinjuku (estimated arrival time: 19:30-20:00)
This tour is provided by YOKOSO Japan Tour
Check the Tour Conditions link below.