The Voyagin team has screened this host. Learn more
Relax, rejuvenate and reconnect with mother nature on a relaxing weekend in the beautifully scenic and spiritual village of Sidemen. Enjoy delicious organic food, a relaxing massage and the best rice paddy trek in Bali!
- Special Rijsttafel dinner (a traditional feast)
- Spectacular rice paddy trekking with Mount Agung as a backdrop
- A 60 minute traditional Balinese massage
- Overnight stay in beautiful room in the countryside
Pick up at your hotel
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements so we can tweak the menu accordingly.
Please note the bed configuration you prefer in your booking
What you need to bring
Bathing suit if you want to take a dip in the pool
Good walking shoes
- English (Fluent)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Fluent)
I am Ketut (my friends call me Gin) and this is my wife Ayu. I am originally from a remote village in Tabanan while my wife was born in Bangli. I have over 25 years of experience in hospitality and met my wife while working at the Bali Dynasty Resort in Kuta. I guess you could say that we are passionate about promoting the best of Bali to our guests!
In 2012, we paid a visit to the village of Sidemen and fell in love with the beauty of its mountains, rice terraces and friendly locals. We decided to build a small villa there to let others experience this beauty for themselves and are thrilled to be able to contribute to the local community. If you are looking to take a break from hectic modern life, come let us help you experience the stunning countryside and deep spirituality of the area and we promise you won't forget it.
View full profile
It's difficult to put into words just how peaceful and serene my weekend in Sidemen was. While I had heard murmurings about this place, it's hardly publicised in the same way Ubud is, and I'm sort of glad it's still somewhat of a secret... My friends who recommended I go told me they "wouldn't spoil the surprise by describing it too much", and now I know what they mean!
I am very grateful to one of the owners Ibu Ayu for her patience and recommendations. She was super helpful prior to my arrival and incredibly patient as well (I must have asked her 50 questions about this and that). I also loved my rooftop garden suite, which was almost brand new (with a massive bathroom) and which had a lovely view of a vegetable garden and the hill in the distance.
The highlights of our time there:
1. The rice paddy trekking experience (3 hours of AMAZING views and terrain - we crossed rivers, climbed up rice terraces and got amazing views of the valley below with our friendly local guide Wayan)
2. The private yoga class in their yoga balé with our very own guru - Bapak Putu, who was extremely patient with my friend and I even though we were absolute beginners. There's nothing like closing your eyes during this session and hearing the birds chirp in the distance. Sidemen is MAGICAL, and our yoga class at 4.30pm was the perfect way to relax at the end of the day
3.Traditional dinners - my friend and I shared the rijstaffel one night and the babi guling meal the next night. Safe to say we left fully satisfied and grateful for the chance to dine in such a special place (special mention goes to the amazing dadar gulung or pancakes rolled with coconut - they were the best I've ever had!)
If you are able to fit a night or two here into your schedule, DO IT. You won't regret it!!!
Crook villas are a great place to relax and rejuvenate . The location is perfect, surrounded by rice fields, the rooms are perfect , with great views, and the staff are pleasent. We took a walk thru the fields and our guide gave us a lot of information about Balinese village life. Loved the trip..
Up to 1 Week Prior